As part of St. Mary’s Catholic School’s mission, faculty and staff endeavor to provide students an atmosphere full of love and respect through the Catholic Faith and Christian tenants. Our students’ moral and ethical development are important, and to supplement their growth at home, Kindergarten to 8th grade students attend Mass once per week. We reiterate the fruits of the Holy Spirit as we teach students Gentleness, Faithfulness, Joy, Kindness, Love, Patience, Peace, and Self-Control.
- We believe that education should be Christ-centered and reflect the authentic teachings of the Catholic church.
- We believe that every person is a child of God worthy of love, respect, and dignity.
- We believe that Catholic faith and values should be modeled through our choices, actions, and the service we give to others.
- We believe a Catholic school exemplifies the integration of faith and morals with right conduct and charitable actions.
- As Catholics, we believe that Jesus is present in body, blood, soul, and divinity in the consecrated host.
Circle of Grace
Our school falls under the sanction of the Archdiocese of Anchorage; as such, our students are required to take part in the Circle of Grace program. This program teaches students about the presence of God in our lives and the importance of knowing different types of boundary violations. For more information about the Circle of Grace program, please click here.